A quick tutorial for makers who want to stream live video for Raspberry Pi projects - How to Stream Live Video With Raspberry Pi.
Tuesday, August 22, 2017
Wednesday, August 2, 2017
Raspberry Pi 3 Projects for Java Programmers
About This Book
- Explore the small yet powerful mini computer in order to run java applications
- Leverage Java libraries to build exciting projects on home automation, IoT, and Robotics by leveraging Java libraries
- Get acquainted with connecting electronic sensors to your Raspberry Pi 3 using Java APIs.
The book is aimed at Java programmers who are eager to get their hands-on Raspberry Pi and build interesting projects using java. They have a very basic knowledge of Raspberry Pi.
What You Will Learn
- Use presence detection using the integrated bluetooth chip
- Automatic light switch using presence detection
- Use a centralized IoT service to publish data using RPC
- Control a robot by driving motors using PWM
- Create a small web service capable of performing actions on the Raspberry Pi and supply readings
- Image capture using Java together with the OpenCV framework
Raspberry Pi is a small, low cost and yet very powerful development platform. It is used to interact with attached electronics by the use of it's GPIO pins for multiple use cases, mainly Home Automation and Robotics.
Our book is a project-based guide that will show you how to utilize the Raspberry Pi's GPIO with Java and how you can leverage this utilization with your knowledge of Java. You will start with installing and setting up the necessary hardware to create a seamless development platform. You will then straightaway start by building a project that will utilize light for presence detection. Next, you will program the application, capable of handling real time data using MQTT and utilize RPC to publish data to adafruit.io. Further, you will build a wireless robot on top of the zuma chassis with the Raspberry Pi as the main controller. Lastly, you will end the book with advanced projects that will help you to create a multi-purpose IoT controller along with building a security camera that will perform image capture and recognize faces with the help of notifications.
By the end of the book, you will be able to build your own real world usable projects not limited to Home Automation, IoT and/or Robotics utilizing logic, user and web interfaces.
Style and approach
The book will contain projects that ensure a java programmer gets started with building interesting projects using the small yet powerful Raspberry Pi 3. We will start with brushing up your Raspberry Pi skills followed by building 5-6 projects
Thursday, July 20, 2017
Stuffed with more than 50 hands-on recipes, this FREE eBook shows you how to get the most out of your Raspberry Pi. Discover what the Raspberry Pi has to offer using detailed Python code examples that you can adapt and extend.
- Create 3D worlds by using the Raspberry Pi's powerful GPU
- Discover how to create your own electronic circuits to interact with the Raspberry Pi
- Use the Raspberry Pi Camera to create animations and timelapses
- Design and build your own Raspberry Pi controlled robots
- Take control of the real world and interface with physical hardware, combining hardware and software for your own needs
Download link: https://www.packtpub.com/packt/free-ebook/python-raspberry-pi-cookbook/